Each application for admission to the school will be considered on an individual basis.
Applicants who fulfill the requirements specified in the admissions policies outlined here and in the Parent & Student Handbook may be admitted according to the following admission priorities:
- Priority 1. Sibling(s) currently enrolled or accepted to TAAS.
- Priority 2. Both parents hold USA / CANADA passports
- Priority 3. Only Student holds USA / CANADA passport.
- Priority 4. Other passport holders.
- TAAS is open to students holding foreign passports, regardless of religion, race, color or national origins, who enroll with a sincere purpose to develop mentally, spiritually and physically. They must willingly support the principles of conduct upon which the school is based.
- Students must hold a current passport from a country other than the Republic of China. Hong Kong, Macau, and PRC passport holders will be considered based on the rules and regulations as directed by the ROC.
- Children must be six years old by September 1 of the academic year they wish to enter First Grade.
- Students must meet eligibility requirements for language ability, special needs, and residency as indicated in the Parent & Student Handbook.
- When assessing the student’s application, the admissions committee considers prior academic and behavioral records, English proficiency, and possible need for additional support services.
- Students are ordinarily placed into the appropriate grade indicated by their school records.
- Students transferring from a country whose school year follows a school calendar different than TAAS will generally be required to continue in the year they have completed. For example, a student completing Grade 6 in Japan in January would be placed in Grade 6 for the remainder of the academic year at TAAS.
First grade Registration
- We will begin accepting applications for First Grade after December 1st of the previous school year that you desire to start.
- All Applicants will all be put on a list according to the priority based on school policy as listed above.
- No acceptances will be made for First Grade until April 1st of the previous school year that you desire to start. (That is four months after we begin accepting applications)
- After April 1st, Applicants will be accepted based on the prioritized list with the remaining put on the First Grade wait list.
- First Grade fills up fast so get that paperwork completed!